VCAP Application Assistance
Home & Hospital Visits
Referrals to Other Victim Services
Referrals to Community-Based Organizations
You have the right to be told about…
- Basic services available to you in your county
- Certain court events, including information on bail, escape of the offender, the release of an offender
- The details of the final disposition of a case
You have the right to receive…
- Notice of the arrest of the offender
- Information about restitution and assistance with compensation
- Accompaniment to all criminal proceedings by a family member, a victim advocate or a support person
You have the right to provide input into...
- The sentencing decision and to receive help in preparing an oral and/or written victim impact statement
- Post-sentencing decisions
Assistance Program (VCAP)
The Victims Compensation Assistance Program helps victims and their families through the emotional and physical aftermath of a crime by easing the financial impact placed upon them by the crime.
VCAP provides reimbursement for:
Loss of Support
Stolen Cash Benefits
Loss of Earnings
Neighborhood crime hurts all of us. Victims of crime often feel discouraged, fearful, and isolated. Reassuring support often helps people to recover more quickly from the trauma of a robbery, assault, burglary, or other crime.
Counseling services are provided to victims of crimes such as assault, robbery, and other such crimes which cause trauma. The clinical approach integrated in this practice would be narrative therapy which supports the healing process of those affected by violence.
Counseling offers ways in which to process such traumatic events. Individual counseling is available as well as group counseling services which is intended to remind each participant that they are not alone. All counseling services are FREE to victims and their families. If you have been a victim of a violent crime, please consider joining our peer support group. These sessions are facilitated by individuals who have also experienced the trauma associated with such violent crimes.
Women's empowerment Program
The purpose of CDVS Women on the Rise Program is to serve as a trusted outlet within the community for women to access dependable resources and services to assist in overcoming life’s challenges. We want to ensure that the women who take advantage of NCVS services is being provided with self-empowerment tools such as services and resources that will enable them to strengthen and establish goals, which will contribute to their life-long growth.